Baking Potato (15 lb.)
About this item
- Light and fluffy, dry and floury
- Ideal texture and size for baking on high heat
- Hearty skin that is tender when cooked
Baking potatoes can be cooked multiple ways in the oven! You can create the traditional baked potato and top it with butter, sour cream, chives, cheese, bacon bits and anything your heart desires. You can create a hasselback potato by making vertical slices all throughout the potato, inserting slices of cheese in between and drizzling the top with olive oil. You can create bite-sized potatoes by cutting them into chunks, tossing in olive oil and sprinkling with herbs. You can create smashed potatoes by baking them then letting your kids smash them into smithereens, an activity everyone in the family will enjoy.
Potatoes have been a dinner staple for many years and there's a good reason for that. While potatoes look big in size, water accounts for 70-80% of the weight and are full of minerals and vitamins. A common misconception is that potatoes are unhealthy but they actually help to improve digestion, reduce cholesterol levels, boost heart health, manage diabetes and strengthen the immune system.
- Can be prepared in dozens of ways
- Rich in potassium, highest concentration is in the skin
- Contains calcium iron, manganese, vitamin C, vitamin B6, dietary fiber
- Reduces risk of heart diseases and facilitates digestion